Saturday, May 19, 2018

Week One in Bucerias, Nayarit MX


Week of May 14:  

I'm very excited that I was selected to be part of this internship in Mexico through Human Connections. I'm looking forward to a variety of things that will enhance my perspective on life. First, I'm hoping to connect with the locals along with the other interns and build friendships that will last a lifetime. I also look forward to learning my way around and taking on adventures through the entire area whether its by bike, bus or taxi. I've seen many pictures and videos of how beautiful Mexico is and this has already added fuel to my excitement. I'm well prepared for the heat because I used to live in southern California and some weather conditions may be similar. I want learn more about what political issues occur in the economy and how businesses are operated.

A goal I plan to achieve from this internship experience is to not be afraid to step outside my comfort zone. The thought of being out outside the country in a foreign area can be nerve wrecking for some but for me it's not the case. I have awaited this moment of traveling abroad for sometime now. I want to show my fellow colleagues, family, and friends that the world welcomes them and has more to offer than just their daily routines. Another goal is that I plan to improve my Spanish speaking skills and put them to use with citizens in the area. I know Spanish will be the dominant language in the area;therefore, the more comfortable I am with conversing with others the better I'll be later on with less mistakes. Lastly, I plan to make this internship a success. I want others back on campus to be informed about what exactly I did and allow the program the expand in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment